Here’s a quick, total-body workout you can do right at home! No excuses about not having time or being unable to get to the gym. Everybody can find 15 minutes in their day to get this workout done—even now as the holidays are upon us. It’s a combination of cardio and bodyweight exercises all performed with very little rest between sets.
Here we go!
• Start with jumping jacks (yes, jumping jacks) for one minute.
• Immediately get down on the floor and perform 12 to 15 modified pushups. (Keep your knees on floor and feet lifted up behind you.)
• Jump back up and perform 15 squats with hands out in front of you.
• Immediately get back down on the floor and perform a plank, holding for one minute. (Work up to one minute if you are a beginner.)
• Rest for 30 to 60 seconds and repeat.
• Perform at least three sets.
Tips: If you have a jump rope, you can substitute that for jumping jacks. If you’re advanced, substitute regular pushups for modified pushups. Also, if you’re advanced, substitute jumping squats for regular squats.
The point of this workout is to keep moving and push your muscles to the max, while getting your heart rate up. Accomplishing a muscle-building and fat-burning workout in 15 minutes—what’s better than that?
In order to avoid risk of injury, please seek advice directly from your physician, especially if you have existing medical issues, before beginning any exercise or nutritional program. Also, be sure to stretch after exercise to avoid muscle and joint tightness.