Spring is in the air and summer is just around the corner, so now’s the perfect time to get in shape for your spring and summer wardrobe.
If you already work out, then whatever it is you’re doing, go ahead and increase it by 15 percent, and continue to do that over the course of the next four-to-six weeks.
Once you conquer the first 15 percent increase, then go ahead and tack on another 15 percent. You’ll be amazed at the results!
Here are some examples: (And remember—always round up!)
• If you walk/jog for 20 minutes, then add another three minutes.
• If you walk/jog three times per week, then go ahead and make it four times a week instead.
• If you walk/jog three miles each time—bump it up by a half mile.
• If you lift weights using 10-pound dumbbells, then increase it to 12-pound dumbbells.
• If you normally do 10 or 12 reps of a weight lifting exercise, then push it to 15 or more
• If you lift weights three times per week—add another day and change it up by doing supersets, giant sets or drop sets.
You get the idea!
Go ahead and look your best this spring. Bump it up!
In order to avoid risk of injury, please seek advice directly from your physician, especially if you have existing medical issues, before beginning any exercise or nutritional program. Also, be sure to stretch after exercise to avoid muscle and joint tightness.