Who doesn’t have 10 minutes a day?
Here are 10 ways to burn calories in just 10 minutes:
• Running one mile burns 100 calories.
• Jumping rope at a moderate pace burns 100 calories.
• Stepping burns 84 calories.
• Cycling at 13 m.p.h. burns 80 calories.
• High-impact aerobics burns 70 calories.
• Running up stairs burns 148 calories.
• Power walking burns 80 calories.
• Ice skating burns 80 calories.
• Swimming breaststroke burns 98 calories.
• Cross country skiing at 4.5 m.p.h. burns 80 calories.
The calories burned in this list are based on a 130-pound person performing the referenced activity for 10 minutes. Numbers will vary depending on your weight—and the duration of the activity.
So, why not add another five or 10 minutes? You do the math—and burn those calories, too!
In order to avoid risk of injury, please seek advice directly from your physician, especially if you have existing medical issues, before beginning any exercise or nutritional program. Also, be sure to stretch after exercise to avoid muscle and joint tightness.